Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Michaux

We just got back from Columbus Day weekend in Michaux State Forest.

We had a great camp site, and perfect weather. The trails were a lot of fun, and really rocky.

I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted: It was the beginning of archery season so we kept the dog on a leash all day Saturday.

Tris, Mike and I got a long ride in Sunday. It combined all of the key ingredients of an adventure: Getting lost, breaking parts, and running out of daylight. We were riding some ATV trails that were some of the rockiest I have ever ridden. We ran into some other mountain bikers the next day who were locals, and described the trails we had ridden as 'insane'. I'm glad we rode the insane trails, as that means the next time we ride should be easier.

I'm looking forward to riding there again.

No comments: