Monday, October 29, 2007

My Leopard Installation Experience

I've been working with Leopard since last Friday, and I've noticed a few bugs. Not major ones, but I'll recount what I experienced. The first bug was in the install. The screen came up prompting me to select which drive to install Leopard onto, but offered no discs to choose from. I restarted a handfull of times, and my hard drive finally appeared. After this initial setback, the rest of the installation went smoothly.

My first impression of Leopard was thet it felt faster than Tiger, especially Mail and Safari. But these are also where I noticed stuttering, frrezing and a couple of strange creshes. Here's an example: reading email in Mail, I clicked ⌘-R to reply and nothing happened. I clicked it again. Still nothing. Then I tried clicking th icon in the toolbar. nothing. I quit and restarted mail, and as soon as it opened, my three replies appeared.

Another strange event: I modified a pdf in Illusrator CS, but the preview in the finder did not change. I opened it up again in Illustrator, saw my changes, and closed again, but the preview did not update.

My last issue is that all my printer settings got thrown out the window. Now every time I try to print something, I have to re-sign in to my network at work before the printing will proceed.

No comments: