Monday, March 21, 2011

The Last Job

On Saturday, I shot my first speaking film role as David in Philip Yang's "The Last Job."
I was impressed with the work that went into what I thought would be a relatively simple scene, and with how professional everyone was on set.

This being my first speaking role in a film, I was expecting to walk up, hit my mark, and say my lines. But with three people talking, the scene required a long shot, over-the-shoulders and close ups for everybody. So in each camera position, one two or three of us would run through our lines. This out of sync and out of sequence was a little jarring at first, but everyone knew their lines, and I think that was key.

What blew me away was how organized everything was, and the precision of the shooting script. I can't wait to see the final when its released.

No comments: