Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks, AppleCare

Apple has great customer service.

Yesterday, I came to work and plugged in my Powerbook. While I was working I noticed the screen flicker, and the light on the end of the power cord was out. After wiggling the wire, I realized that the cord was shorting out. During the day, I checked a number of sites for replacements, and was tryingto decide between replacing it with one from NewerTechnology or another Apple version. I wasn't looking forward to either, because they were in the 45-79 price range. Then I remembered that I had bought Applecare with my Powerbook in 2005, and I called to see if it would be covered. The agent asked a couple of questions, and told me that it was covered, and she'd send out a new one, but it may take a couple of days due to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. That was at 1:30 pm Monday. Tuesday morning, the DHL driver dropped off my new adapter. I'm so pleased that they were able to take care of me with no downtime.

No comments: