Monday, September 10, 2007

Quiet on the set, please

My experience as an extra on the Body of Lies set really got me excited about the idea of working in film production, so last week I signed on to be a production assistant for two independent films shooting Sept. 22 & 23.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about the process, and about the reality on set, to see if its the kind of thing I 'd like to get more serious about. I'm working with a really small crew and cast, but some have professional credentials, so I'm hoping there will opportunities to watch what they're doing and ask questions. I think the first thing I have to do is get some appropriate tools. I located a great source Filmtools.com has a great selection of hand tools, pouches, and a bunch of stuff I don't even know what they do. I'm conflicted, though. I want to be prepared and useful to the rest of the crew, but I don't want to look like a dork. Maybe I'll keep my tools in a bag...

No comments: