Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So the Casting Department Calls...

I saw a notice on the Voice of the Hill's web site for a casting call looking for extras in a scene to be filmed near Eastern Market. I took a picture of myself(actually several-that's harder than you think its going to be) and filled out a form. When I was down there, they announced that Ridley Scott is directing the film, and it stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.

Anyway, the casting company called back yesterday and asked me to come in for costuming, and said they'd be using me next week. Of course, the scene is set in a Dutch market, in the winter, so I have to take a bunch of my winter clothes down with me and see what they want me to wear. Did I mention that the average temperature here has been in the nineties?

3 comments:

Murph said...

Jon:

This is Murph with the Russell Crowe web site. We would love to read a report on your experience if you care to share. Just e mail me at:

rcsilver@optonline.net

http://www.murphsplace.com/crowe/news.html

Anonymous said...

I live in DC and would love to watch a day of filming for this movie. I'm a big Russell Crowe fan. Can you provide details on dates/times/location where you will be filming next week?

Unknown said...

I really don't know much. At the open call, they told us they'd be filming from Sept. 5-25 in DC. They didn't really tell us where, or if any of the stars were going to be in our scene. We have to call the day before our scene to see if they need us. I just know that the original announcement said they'd be filming in the Eastern Market Area. I don't know if this was influenced or changed as a result of the fire that damaged the building in April.

You can check out dome of the fire images on my web site.